"Be a teacher who molds values and knowledge"
“Pathway of a Hopeful Teacher”
What
are the qualities you should have to be called a good teacher? Why did you
choose to be a teacher out of all the professions? How prepared are you as a
future teacher in teaching Generation Z? These are the questions I ought to
answer as a future teacher. And how do you think am I supposed to answer these
quests? Would you prefer an intellectual or a truthful answer? So let’s start
this with why did I choose this profession…
My
dream is to be an accountant. It never crossed my mind to be a teacher. I
passed the MSU SASE and the cutoff of my dream course. I talked about it with
my parents, I felt that they were doubtful and hesitant with my decision but I
already settled my mind. On the day of enrollment, my father came with me which
I really appreciate knowing that he is quiet busy. The school was a bit far
from ours but for me, it was quite my way of having my own freedom and
independence. That is naturally the mindset of every student, right? But
actually it was a hell having no nap every night, having worries every time, and
over thinking every day, and because of these I lose weight which makes my
parent scold at me every time they see me.
Back
to the topic, I was glad to know that the campus has their own Mosque inside.
Dad prayed for “Duhr” at that time, it was around 1:10 PM. When he finished
praying, he suddenly asked me, “Are you sure about your course?” I was right
that they don’t want me to take my chosen path. So I asked him, “What do you
want me to take then?” “How about you take Education?” I then changed my
application course into “BSed Math” immediately. Why did I accept it easily? If you think it’s
because of my parent’s decision, you’re correct there. But at the same time we could say it was my
choice too because I realized that in some way compared to other courses, I can
have more time in regulating my “Deen” (faith) which is more important to me.
Next
is what are the qualities of a good teacher? I bet that even if I didn’t give
the answer, you already have something in your mind. And if not, just search it
on Google, it will give you a better idea. For 3 years, I’ve encountered this
question many times since I chose this path. And my answer is that it doesn’t
really matter but the real question is despite of knowing these good qualities,
until when can you have it as a teacher? Is it only by months or maybe a year
because we all know that teachers themselves have their own limitations and
problems in life that sometimes no matter how good you are in your profession,
you can be at your weakest points.

To me, A good
teacher has his/her own visions and dreams in life where he/she tries to share
it with his/her students that no matter how many trials he/she stumble upon,
he/she will not tremble and give up his/her visions and dreams for his/her
students just like a mother sharing his/her visions and dreams with his/her
son/daughter. A good teacher doesn’t mean you have to be that good neither in
constructing correct grammar nor ending up with the correct equations, it is
valuing the potentials of your students
and molding them into a better teacher themselves, for everyone can be a
teacher like how I treat my Ome as my first and
best teacher in life.

For the last
question, I honestly can say I am not yet prepared as of now. Students in
Generation Z are more competent yet scary at the same time that is why as a
future teacher, I still need to enhance myself and be more prepared. I have my
own fears and doubts on myself, and it is inevitable. I cannot be strong all
the time but despite of this, I know I need to take my weakness into strength.

I met many types
of teacher all the time and I am scared for not all the time teachers produced engineers,
doctors, accountants, attorneys, or teacher but sometimes we cannot deny the
reality that some of these teachers produced engineers, doctors, accountants,
attorneys, or teacher that are corrupt and thief at their own country. They are
the monsters hiding at their mask, waiting for the right opportunity to attack.
That instead of “Cure of the Society”
they are the “Cancer of the Society”
which is sad to know. Like what they said, “The
rich becomes richer and the poor becomes poorer” and whom to be blamed for
this? Isn’t it the teacher? No, it’s not them but in some part, Can we blame
them? It’s for you to decide.
If not some of
the teachers are after only to the salary and position, and not teaching only
what is in the books, focusing on the Theorems and Postulates which is
readable. Then in some case, we might be able to develop the students into a
good person that instead of choosing greed of money and fame, they will choose
justice and peace for their own country, choosing Patriotism. Let’s not forget
the real essence and purpose of Education.

A friend of
mine before in high school told me “Lisod
man mag teacher uy kay basi didto lang ka magwork sa probinsya nimo, didto na
lang ka magwork pirme tas murag ra kag
nagskwela kay iskwelahan gyapun.” I keep quiet at that time because in some
way she has a point and it wasn’t my plan to be a future teacher at that time.
But this time, my answer is that, “Oo
lisod siya mura ra kag nagaskwela pero unsay problema kung magtudlo ka sa
inyung probinsya or sa inyung banwa, wala man diba, ma ayo pa gani kay sa
mugawas kag pinas tas didto tabangan nimo ang iban para mubright tas imung
kapwa di nimo tabangan.” If I were
to teach here, it might be better because I can teach my fellow Filipino
especially Muslims whom I guess who needed my ability the most. And it will be
a privilege to make them what they dreamed to be and help some of them to be
the best version of themselves. I want to be a hopeful teacher who always has a
hope despite of the darkness of this life and this is my pathway.
-The Dreamer-
|
Very nice :) Follow your dreams
ReplyDeleteKinsa ni? Dalawa man gud ang anonymous, hahaha btw salamat
DeleteGood hahahah
ReplyDeleteSalamat sa comment, kinsa kaya ni sa 2 ka anonymous?
DeleteI hope you never lose that fervor in studying! :)
ReplyDeleteSalamat Czar, i hope so!:)
DeleteLol, never thought na malingaw kog basa 😂 keep it up
ReplyDeleteI have a hint gamay kung kinsa ka ba hahaha. Maayo eh
DeleteSometimes, we think we are destined to be something yet in the end we are led by ourselves unconsciously direct to the path of unknown where we can be something else - something better. Sometimes, it's a blessing in disguise, though. Be a proud and good teacher.
ReplyDeleteAyiie, Dapak. Hahaha you have a point there. Even if my plans won't go the way I want to, the most important thing is that I will always have that dream of mine. 😊
DeleteNice choice and realization :) Fighting! ❤
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteYou'll be a great teacher someday. Keep it up
ReplyDeleteSuper!!!! teachers are amazing
ReplyDeleteThe dreamer jud..... go lang!
ReplyDeleteNever stop chasing your dreams!
ReplyDeleteI think you will be a great teacher someday.
ReplyDeleteJust find our real passion Nor-Fatimah and make that your profession. All the best!
ReplyDeleteThank you sir ^_^
Delete