Sunday, May 20, 2018

Radio Broadcasting


"When it's your show, you're the center of attention. Even though your face isn't visible, it's your moment to be in the limelight"


EDTECH RADIO BROADCASTING: BOMBA Radio station has made its way to the top!

      Hi to all the readers especially to the commentators out there! Again I am “The Dreamer” and I guess you have already read my autobiography therefore I don’t have to introduce myself anymore. So for today I’m going to share to you my one of a kind one hour interview to one of the staffs of the leading radio station in Mindanao State University, the BOMBA radio station! Meet Ms. Fatimah Hadji Jamil, one of the news anchors in the BOMBA radio station!!

To listen to our Radio Broadcasting, here's the link https://soundcloud.com/cedric-samplidan-cartil/bomba-radio Please take time to listen guys ^_^

So without so much ado, Here are her answers to my given questions prior to her first time real experience in the field of radio broadcasting:

1.  Can you give us some of your experiences while making the radio broadcasting with your group mates?

“Well all I could say is that we did a lot of repetition.” The reason is that we couldn’t give the right voice and emotion for each segment, knowing that we are all newbie for this kind of project. It was tiring and exhausting but thankfully everything was worth it. Because when we first heard our voices in the class- it was like “Is that really me talking?”

But the most difficult one in our experiences is that when we tried looking for a location where we can record freely without some noises because we cannot afford paying some radio station in General Santos City. We are an MSUan-known for its very affordable payment fees but with a high quality of education, in short “Mga Iskolar ng Bayan.” So what we did is we went to our group mate’s house (Boyen’s house) and thanks to him we were able to make it though it took us a week to prepare for the scripts and other materials. 

2. What are the lessons you have learned while making the material?

The lesson I have learned in making the Radio Broadcasting is that you need a lot of patience, and importantly, you and your group mates should have Unity, Cooperation, and Understanding in doing it. And I realize it was not as easy as I thought it to be, to be able to radio broadcast. We just did an hour and a half radio broadcasting so I realize how about those DJs and broadcasters on radio who talk everyday and every minute just to give some information and entertainment to their listeners. It was a sacrifice indeed and they really should have take time in taking care of their voices because some of them, that is their only source of income. But for me, it will never be tiring for those who love what they are doing and whose passion is in it.

3. What are the possible advantages this material inside the classroom?

Radio Broadcasting has a lot of possible advantages inside the classroom like for example; it can boost the confidence of the learner, it can show some hidden talents of the learner, it can make the students not just a good speaker but also a good listener, it can create and attract some interests of the students, and also it can enhance the skills of the students which will benefit them in the future. This activity will also make them a 21st century learner who implies technology in their Education and learning. After all, to be globally competitive students, we need to adapt the environment of the modern world!

And that’s all for our interview, I hope you learn something! To add up some, during our interview it also made me realize that, “If you think you can make it, then you can really do it.” Just like when they think of a way to make it despite of the circumstances.

-The Dreamer-

5 comments:

  1. Dreams don't work unless you do. Continue on making your dreams a reality :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So educational! keep on poosting here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you think you can make it, then you can do it. laban!

    ReplyDelete

The Only One

"The Only One" Some would ask me, "What's your ideal man?" And I would say when he will come, maybe I would know ...